Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Wine Time

Day 5: Durango – Logrono
Time: 5:53:56
Distance: 109.1km
Average Speed: 18.5km/h

The girl working at the hostel reception (she was a Moran too but a Basque) advised me that the road to Durango was worse than the roads we used to get into Bilbao a few days ago. She reckoned that I had a high chance of dying so I decided to take a train to Durango which shaved about 20 or 30km off the ride to Logrono. A few minutes outside Durango the Urkiola climb started. see below:


This has been the toughest climb I've done so far this trip. Later in the day I went up both Vittoria and Herrera but Urkiola was the killer. There are drops of my sweat all over that climb. I didn't manage to stop for lunch today so when I was approaching Logrono I stopped at a few vineyards and stole grapes. Tonight I'll stay with David who's just moved here.


No comments:

Post a Comment